An unlikely source has been at the forefront of discoveries surrounding the DNC’s Russia-Trump Narrative. Senator Lindsey Graham.
Yeah. I know… But it’s true nevertheless.
And Senator Graham just confirmed what many of us have been saying for some time.
The Trump Dossier, created by Fusion GPS, was used by the DOJ/FBI to obtain a FISA Warrant to spy on the Trump Campaign.
I first noticed Graham’s shift towards belief during July 27, 2017, testimony by Bill Browder in relation to the Magnitsky Act. Fusion GPS weighed heavily in Browder’s testimony.
GRAHAM: This whole story reads like some kind of novel that nobody would buy, it’s got to be fiction, but unfortunately maybe it’s true. Let’s just break down sort of why you’re here. You believe that Fusion GPS should’ve registered under FARA, because they were acting on the behalf of the Russians?
BROWDER: That’s correct.
GRAHAM: So, I just want to absorb that for a moment. The group that did the dossier on President Trump hired this British spy, wound up getting it to the FBI. You believe they were working for the Russians?
BROWDER: And in the Spring and Summer of 2016 they were receiving money indirectly from a senior Russian government official.
This was the beginning of meaningful Congressional suspicions that the FBI used the Trump Dossier to obtain a FISA Warrant for the purposes of monitoring the Trump Campaign – and probably Trump himself.
Browder’s testimony must have made a real impression on Graham.
In a short conversation with CNN following Browder’s testimony, Graham made the following comments:
If we have to subpoena the people at Fusion GPS, we need to subpoena them. Because Mr. Browder has now accused them of working for the Russians. And at the end of the day, if that’s true, the Democratic Party is working with somebody who was working with the Russians, whether they knew it or not.
Graham is noting the DNC and Clinton Campaign were using propaganda – produced by a firm that was simultaneously being paid by Russia – in order to attack and monitor the Trump Campaign.
Bear in mind, these comments were made months before it was revealed the Clinton Campaign had hired Fusion GPS.
You can read more at, Fusion GPS, the Trump Dossier, Russian Money & the Magnitsky Act.
Fast forward to the present.
Lindsey Graham appeared on Fox and made some extremely interesting comments – which he saved for the very end of the interview. The video is cued to start:
GRAHAM: I’ve spent some time in the last couple of days, after a lot of fighting with the Department of Justice, to get the background on the dossier, and here’s what I can tell your viewers: I’m very disturbed about what the Department of Justice did with this dossier, and we need a special counsel to look into that, because that’s not in Mueller’s charter. And what I saw, and what I’ve gathered in the last couple of days, bothers me a lot, and I’d like somebody outside DOJ to look into how this dossier was handled and what they did with it.
KILMEADE: Wait a second. So, you’ve found out something you did not know?
KILMEADE: And you’re already disturbed by it. Is it about – what’s in the contents of it? Or how it was used for this investigation in unmasking possible Trump Officials?
GRAHAM: I’ve been a lawyer most of my life, a prosecutor, and a defense attorney, and the one thing I can say, every prosecutor has a duty to the court to disclose things that are relevant to the request. So any time a document is used to go to court, for legal reasons, I think the Department of Justice owes it to the court to be up-and-up about exactly what this document is about, who paid for it, who’s involved, what their motives might be. And I can just say this: After having looked at the history of the dossier, and how it was used by the Department of Justice, I’m really very concerned, and this cannot be the new normal.
Graham is being about as direct as he possibly can:
I’m very disturbed about what the Department of Justice did with this dossier.
Any time a document is used to go to court, for legal reasons…
After having looked at the history of the dossier, and how it was used by the Department of Justice…
We need a special counsel to look into that.
The FBI provided the Department of Justice with the Trump Dossier. The DOJ used the Trump Dossier to obtain a FISA Warrant.
The Obama Administration used the FISA Warrant to monitor an opposing presidential campaign using federal intelligence services.
We have long-maintained this is exactly what happened. Now, we have a ranking Senator stating he has personally seen direct evidence of this sequence of events.
And he wants a Special Counsel appointed.
Here’s the timeline:
- February/March 2016 – Trump’s securing of GOP nomination seen as probable.
- April 19 2016 – Wife of Glenn Simpson (Fusion GPS) Mary Jacoby visits White House.
- Late April 2016 – Clinton Campaign begins paying Fusion GPS.
- April/May 2016 – Fusion GPS hires Christopher Steele.
- April/May 2016 – Fusion GPS hires Nellie Ohr, wife of DOJ Assoc. Deputy AG Bruce Ohr.
- May 2016 – Trump becomes presumptive GOP Nominee.
- May 23 2016 – Nellie Ohr applies for a HAM Radio license.
- June 2016 – FBI Agent Peter Strzok – and possibly DOJ’s Bruce Ohr – meet with Christopher Steel.
- Late June 2016 – First draft of Trump Dossier shared w/Fusion & possibly FBI’s Strzok.
- June/July 2016 – First FISA request made. It is denied.
- July 19, 2016 – Trump officially becomes GOP Nominee.
- Late July – Second draft of Trump Dossier shared with FBI.
- Late July 2016 – FBI begins counter-intelligence investigation into Russia and Trump.
- August/September 2016 – CIA Director Brennan meets with Gang of Eight suggesting Russia is helping Trump.
- Late Summer/Fall 2016 – Trump Dossier shopped.
- Late September 2016 – Second FISA request made.
- Early October 2016 – Bruce Ohr meets with Glenn Simpson (Fusion GPS).
- October 2016 – FISA request is granted. No evidence is found but surveillance continues – ostensibly for national security reasons.
- October 2016 – The Obama administration is now monitoring an opposing presidential campaign using federal intelligence services.
The DNC’s discovery of their network hack (emails later released by WikiLeaks), Comey’s early drafting of Clinton’s exoneration letter, Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch’s secret tarmac meeting and Comey’s formal exoneration of Hillary Clinton are all interlaced with the above-timeline – occurring sequentially during April-July 2016.
GOP Congressional members have attempted to obtain confirmation from DOJ/FBI officials regarding the Dossier’s use in obtaining a FISA Warrant, but have been unable to do so.
Senator Graham’s statement during Browder’s July 2017 testimony sums it all up:
This whole story reads like some kind of novel that nobody would buy, it’s got to be fiction, but unfortunately maybe it’s true.
older post A Deadline Letter from Devin