Nunes has now referred forty-two individuals to the joint task force of Committees on Oversight & Government Reform and the Judiciary for open-setting interviews. Most names should be recognizable to those following events.
The names referred by Nunes are thus far loosely grouped into three categories:
- DOJ & FBI Officials
- State Department Officials & Some Obama/Clinton Officials
- Non-government individuals. Many related to Fusion GPS
Once again, please note that names cut off at a certain political level. Below Sally Yates at DOJ. Below Comey at FBI. Below Kerry at State.
All Names appear to be tied/related to Steele Dossier.
The List being compiled by Nunes is beginning to encompass many of the significant middle-tier players in the Steele Dossier. Most of these individuals were intimately involved in the formation, use and/or dissemination of the Steele Dossier which led to the October FISA Warrant on Carter Page.
There are many inter-relations:
- Bruce Ohr and Nellie Ohr are married. Bruce was a senior DOJ Official. Nellie works at Fusion GPS.
- Shailagh Murray and Neil King are married. Murray was an Assistant to Obama and Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications. King works at Fusion GPS.
- Glenn Simpson and Mary Jacoby are married. Simpson is the founder of Fusion GPS. Jacoby visited the White House the day after Mike Rogers shut down FBI/DOJ contractor access to the FISA Search System.
- Most of these individuals had direct contact with many others on list. All are tied to the Steele Dossier in some fashion.
Note who & what is thus far missing:
- Higher level names – Susan Rice, Samantha Power, Sally Yates, Loretta Lynch, James Comey, James Clapper, John Brennan (insert your choice here)
- Christopher Steele – Grassley has already referred.
- FBI Agent Mike Gaeta – received permission from Nuland to meet with Steele in London
- David Kramer – At the direction of John McCain, Kramer would fly to London in November 2016 to meet with Dossier author Christopher Steele
- Adam Waldman – DC lawyer, lobbyist and registered foreign agent for Oleg Deripaska and Sergey Lavrov. Waldman offered Senator Warner access to Dossier author Christopher Steele (texts here).
- Natalia Veselnitskaya – Attended Trump Tower Meeting w/Akhmetshin to argue against Magnitsky Act. Hired Fusion GPS for Prevezon in 2013 through law firm BakerHostetler.
- Sergei Millian – Source D in Steel Dossier.
Also missing – but understandably so:
- Any foreign-related names – Alexander Downer, Stefan Halper, Joseph Mifsud
- Any UK Intelligence names – Robert Hannigan, Sir Andrew Wood, Richard Dearlove
Two other notable omissions:
- George Papadopulos
- Carter Page
There are many more names that should or could be included. For a more complete list of individuals with possible involvement or affiliation in Trump Surveillance, Steele Dossier and/or the Russia Narrative, see: A Listing of Participants
For an examination of the strategy being pursued by Nunes, see: Devin’s Journey, Rule of Law & Cold Anger. You may not like this particular post, but I believe it helps explain why Nunes is choosing these particular individuals.
See, Devin Nunes – His growing List of Names & Victoria Nuland for a good interview with Laura Ingraham (video & transcript) discussing his referrals.
Devin Nunes – List of Individuals Referred to Joint Task Force for Open-Setting Interviews:
Note that names cut off at a certain political level. Below Sally Yates at DOJ. Below Comey at FBI. Below Kerry at State. All Names appear to be tied/related to Steele Dossier.
Original Names – Group 1 – June 29, 2018:
Note: This group is comprised of DOJ & FBI officials.
- Trisha Anderson – DOJ lawyer – Adviser in the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel, was previously an attorney at Attorney General Eric Holder’s former firm, Covington & Burling.
- James Baker – Former FBI General Counsel – demoted and reassigned on December 20, 2017. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group. Senior-most legal counsel at FBI.
- Gregory Brower – Former FBI Congressional Liaison. Assistant Director for the Office of Congressional Affairs. Resigned suddenly on March 30, 2018.
- John Carlin – Former Assistant Attorney General – Head of DOJ’s National Security Division – announced resignation on September 27, 2016 after filing the Government’s proposed 2016 Section 702 certifications on September 26, 2016. The filing does not disclose known FISA Abuses.
- Kevin Clinesmith – FBI lawyer. Outed as “FBI Attorney 2” on Mueller Team. Removed by IG/Mueller.
- Tashina Gauhar – DOJ official. Deputy Assistant Attorney General. National Security Division. FISA lawyer. Appears in Strzok Texts as “Tash”.
- David Laufman – DOJ National Security Division, Former Deputy Asst. Attorney General in charge of counterintelligence – resigned on February 7, 2018. Laufman “played a leading role in the Clinton email server and Russian hacking investigations.”
- Andrew McCabe – Former Deputy FBI Director – on December 23, 2017 announced retirement effective March 22, 2018. Forced to resign active position on January 29, 2018. Fired on March 16, 2018. Involved in all aspects. Subject of IG Report
- Mary McCord – Former Acting Assistant Attorney General – Acting Head of DOJ’s National Security Division (replacing John Carlin) – announced resignation on April 17, 2017 – Left on May 11, 2017. Complicit in Flynn Surveillance and surveillance of Trump Campaign.
- Jonathan Moffa – FBI official. Copied on Comey’s Draft Statement exonerating Clinton of Email Scandal. Mentioned in Strzok/Page texts. Surprisingly hard to find any information on Moffa.
- Sally Moyer – FBI lawyer. Outed as “FBI Attorney 1” on Mueller Team.
- Bruce Ohr – Former Associate Deputy Attorney General – demoted twice. Stripped of Associate Deputy Attorney General title on December 6, 2017. Removed as head of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force January 8, 2018. Unofficial liaison between Fusion GPS and FBI/DOJ. Wife worked at Fusion. Long-standing ties to both Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson/Fusion GPS.
- Lisa Page – Former FBI/DOJ Lawyer – forced off Mueller’s team – demoted August 16, 2017. IG Horowitz discovered texts July 27, 2017. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group. Page resigned/fired May 4, 2018.
- Joseph Pientka – FBI Agent – Counterintelligence Division. Pientka potentially identified by Grassley as second FBI Agent (Strzok the other) present at Flynn Interview.
- E.W. “Bill” Priestap – Assistant Director – Head of FBI Counterintelligence – Holds same position. Strzok’s boss – reported directly to McCabe. More here, here and here.
- Peter Strzok – Deputy Assistant Director of FBI’s Counterintelligence – forced off Mueller’s team – demoted August 16, 2017 to FBI’s Human Resources. IG Horowitz discovered texts July 27, 2017. Strzok involved in all facets of Clinton exoneration. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group.
- George Toscas – Deputy Assistant Attorney General in the National Security Division. Toscas contacted by NY Prosecutors (possibly Preet Bharara) about Weiner investigation re: HRC/Huma emails on Weiner computer. Toscas contacts FBI, forcing McCabe to tell Comey of emails.
Added Names – Group 2 – July 2, 2018:
Note: This group is comprised of State Department Officials & Some Obama/Clinton Officials (Kahl, Murray, Sullivan).
- Elizabeth Dribble – Chargé d’affaires & former Deputy Chief of the Mission in London – received tip on Papadopoulos via Downer (h/t @JohnWHuber).
- Jonathan Finer – Chief of Staff and Director of Policy Planning for former Secretary John Kerry.
- Colin Kahl – National Security Advisor to former VP Biden and Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for the Middle East.
- Kathleen Kavalec – Deputy Assistant Secretary – Department of State, Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs. Served under Nuland.
- Lewis Lukens – Deputy Chief of Mission of the U.S. Embassy in London – also likely involved in Downer interactions.
- Shailagh Murray – Assistant to Obama and Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications. Married to Neil King who works at Fusion GPS.
- Victoria Nuland – former Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at State Department. Gave permission for FBI Agent Michael Gaeta to meet with Christopher Steele in London. Received abbreviated copy of Steele Dossier directly from Steele in mid-July 2016 (see here).
- Jake Sullivan – Senior Policy Advisor to Clinton Campaign – expertise in foreign policy. Along with Jennifer Palmieri, Sullivan took the lead in briefing the press on the Trump-Russia collusion story.
- Thomas Williams – Deputy Chief of Mission – State Department.
- Jonathan Winer – Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for International Law Enforcement and former Special Envoy for Libya. Received copy of Shadow Dossier from Blumenthal. Also received copy of Steele Dossier in September 2016. Has known Steele for some years.
Added Names – Group 3 – July 5, 2018:
Note: This group is primarily comprised of non-government individuals. Many related to Fusion GPS.
- Rinat Akhmetshin – Russian-American lobbyist and former Soviet counterintelligence officer. Attended Trump Tower Meeting w/Veselnitskaya.
- Edward Baumgartner – Co-founded UK-based intelligence consultancy Edward Austin. Hired by Fusion to work w/Veselnitskaya on Prevezon and work w/Steele on Dossier.
- Sidney Blumenthal – Clinton Confidant. Received Shadow Dossier from Shearer. Passed copy to Jonathan Winer at State Department.
- Thomas Catan – Fusion GPS Partner.
- Alexandra Chalupa – A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee. Chalupa met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, Paul Manafort and Russia. The DNC paid her $412,000 from 2004 to June 2016, according to Federal Election Commission records.
- Marc Elias – Partner at the law firm Perkins Coie. Head of its Political Law practice. Elias was General Counsel for Clinton’s Campaign and Kerry’s 2004 Campaign. Elias retained Fusion GPS and paid for Steele Dossier on behalf of DNC. Appears to be involved in multiple facets. Lied to NYT reporters regarding Fusion’s employment. On the board of Democrat Super PAC Priorities USA Action. Led efforts against voter identification laws.
- Peter Fritsch – Fusion GPS Co-Founder. Surprisingly little information on Fritsch is available.
- Mary Jacoby – Simpson’s wife. Visits White House the day after Mike Rogers shuts down FBI/DOJ contractor access to the FISA Search System.
- Daniel Jones – Heads Penn Quarter Group. Ex-Feinstein Staffer. PQG funded by 7-10 Silicon Valley Billionaires – $50 million. PQG Hired Steele and Fusion post-election to continue opposition research into President Trump. Linked to lobbyist (Adam Waldman) for Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska who was offering Warner access to former British spy and dossier author Christopher Steele (texts here). Notes Jones was speaking w/Senator Mark Warner.
- Neil King – Works for Fusion GPS. Married to Shailagh Murray – former Assistant to Obama and Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications.
- Robby Mook – Campaign Manager for Clinton Campaign. On July 25, 2016, Mook stated Russia was helping Trump.
- Nellie Ohr – Wife of former Associate Deputy AG – Bruce Ohr. Conduit for documents passed to FBI through DOJ’s Bruce Ohr. Simpson and Bruce & Nellie Ohr have known each other since at least 2010.
- Cody Shearer – Compiled a “shadow” dossier that was similar in make-up to the Steele Dossier. Shearer gave this “shadow dossier” to Sidney Blumenthal who passed Shearer’s dossier on to Jonathan Winer in September 2016. Winer would then share this information with Steele.
- Glenn Simpson – Fusion GPS Founder. Hired by the DNC and Clinton Campaign – through Perkins Coie – to produce the Steele Dossier on President Trump. The Dossier would be used by the FBI to obtain a FISA Warrant on Carter Page. Fusion GPS was employed by Russian lawyer, Veselnitskaya (Prevezon Case) through law firm BakerHostetler during the same period that Fusion commissioned the Steele Dossier. More on Simpson/Fusion here, here and here.
- Michael Sussmann – Partner at the law firm Perkins Coie. Responsible for retaining Crowdstrike to examine DNC servers after hacking incident.
older post Devin’s Journey, Rule of Law & Cold Anger